Setup and tuning tips
The wiring should be done following the above diagrams. The stock z32
EFI harness is not needed for haltech. But it's needed for connections to tranny, alternator...
1. Connect the wires for the following:
- 6 injectors (no polarity)
- 6 ignition coils . 3 wires on the coil connector: 12v ign power,
ground, ign signal. Check factory service manual.
- ground wires. Ground all ground wires to the chassis ground. Ground
sensor wires to chassis not ECU ground wires.
- 12 v battery power, 12 ignition power.
- fuel pump output directly to the fuel pump(s). bypass stock pump
- CAS connection: check above diagram.
- TPS connection: check diagram.
- Coolant sensor
- water temp sensor: preserve the stock connection for the gauge to
- MAP sensor: sensor power supply, ground, signal. Use a short vaccuum
route for accuracy.
2. Initial setup.
- Sensor calibrations:
calibrate the following sensors: TPS, coolant temp sensor, MAP sensor,
intake temperature sensor...
- Main setup: